Posts Tagged ‘RELATIONSHIPS’
Based on a variety of news reports from sources like People Magazine and Huffington Post, neither Cameron Diaz, known for her role in, ‘There’s Something about Mary,’ and ‘Charlie’s Angels,’ nor Alex Rodriguez, of the New York Yankees, have confirmed a committed relationship. However, they’ve often been seen together and do not deny frequent overnight stays at their respective homes and multiple hotels around the country.
Given A-Rod’s history of non-committal relationships with Hollywood women (eg Madonna, Kate Hudson), we’ll have to wait and see if this relationship develops into anything serious. If you’re dating someone and want to know if the person is serious about you, there are ways to find out:
Ask: You’ll never learn the answer to a question if you simply wait for it to reveal itself. You need to speak up and say what’s on your mind – even if the answer you receive is not the one you expected.
Have a plan: Wanting a relationship and knowing what to do with one are two completely different creatures. For instance, you are dating what seems to be the man of your dreams, but you find that he is only interested in a casual affair. You need to know that if you disagree, it’s acceptable to end things there.
Patience and Success: Being patient is an important step for any successful couple, but if you’ve been with someone for years and there’s no sign of commitment heading your way, your tolerance may grow thin. Be clear about your intentions and stand by them.
It’s entirely possible that Diaz and A-Rod are simply BFF’s and enjoy spending time together. We may never know the truth. We can, however, take some tips from their publicly viewed relationship and apply it to our own, uncertain love life.
If you were recently married and just starting to venture out into the dating world again, here is additional information that may help you along the way: First Encounter, Second Time Around Fears.
Spencer, an ex-government-hired super assassin trades his career for domestic bliss when he meets Jen, a computer tech. But, three years into their marriage Spencer becomes the target of a multi-million dollar hit that has the couple running for their lives. This deep dark secret life has the couple headed for divorce court as they dodge bullets trying to figure out who’s behind the plot to kill him. Be ready to be entertained with some wackiness that only these two actors could pull off.
Does your secret lover have a deep dark secret past? Maybe they’re in trouble with the law or have people after them. While the chances of running for your lives are remote, you may wish to demand full disclosure before settling down. You never know if something is buried underneath their sweet exterior. Being open and honest (and a little digging) can help prevent these surprises from happening to you.
For more information on ‘Killers’, check out the trailer above and/or get your advanced movie tickets here: FANDANGO
Crystal Bowersox has amazed audiences for the past several weeks on American Idol with her unique renditions of music, past and present. As the final show neared, tension between her and longtime boyfriend, Tony Kusian, resulted in a break-up, just hours before the finale.
Bowersox opens up in an interview with Ryan Seacrest, host of American Idol, on his radio show ‘On Air with Ryan Seacrest-102.7 KIIS FM’ “We’re both logical, grown adults. He didn’t think he was up for it, and I want this more than anything”
Relationships come in all shapes and sizes and trying to keep it going can be rough in any situation. Bowersox was competing for a new lifestyle for her and her son, and a boyfriend wasn’t going to get in her way. That is dedication to her craft, and to her future. While her love life has snagged on her current path, she is the type of gal who will strive for success and undoubtedly find a new man to share it with before too long.
Meanwhile, the rest of the world may not have it quite so easy. We’re not famous, or competing to become a celebrity, but our relationships can be just as challenging. Look around at people close to you. If you see couples everywhere and you are still single, you might consider asking them what their secret is to longevity in love. If, however, you find a myriad of wandering solos, you may wish to re-examine your current situation and perhaps make some changes!
Have you ever hopped into bed only to find, ugh, crumbs? More couples than you may think are very particular about their under the sheets rules. For some, it’s an instant dealbreaker.
My article, Bad Bedroom Habits that will Kill a Relationship, focuses on specific turn-offs that could make your lover go from lustful to lack of interest in no time. Check out the article and see if you suffer from any of these no-no’s. The article was recently featured on Divine Caroline.
|I loved this article on SingleEdition so much that I couldn’t resist reposting it! Since Loribizz staff were onsite for the 140 conference, that didn’t hurt our love of this piece either!
Last week thousands of individuals attended a the event at the 92 Second Street Y in New York City. The room was brimming with people and not every one of them was a social media connoisseur, due in part to the eclectic line-up of speakers who covered topics from food and news to yup, you guessed it, love and relationships. We had the pleasure of listening to Andrea Syrtash, author of He’s Just Not Your Type (and That’s a Good Thing) as well as the CEO of YourTango.com, Tomas Miller. All this talk about dating in less than 140 characters got us thinking: is it possible to find love in twitter time?
If you are wondering where all the good guys are, apparently you can find them on Twitter, where they hold a 56% majority amongst users. And believe it or not, they seem to be becoming better communicators than women, at least in the social media world where, according to a recent survey conducted by Liberty Mutual, they are more likely to tweet on a regular basis than women.
Though 37 year old Alyssa has yet to find Mr. Right, she has created her own intimate dating pool by casting a broad net of followers, people who care about her commentary and brain blurps. “There really are single men out there” says Alyssa as she demystifies the myths for 35+ single women. “These smart and savvy guys are approaching me from every corner of the world.”
As we continue to witness with Facebook and iPhone, the success of one media platform breeds adjunct applications, and Twitter discovered it is no exception. Already Philip Kaplan, founder of FuckedCompany and Adbrite, lauched Flirt 140, a free service which allows users to find potential matches on Twitter based on gender, geographic area and keyword. Though all boast the same benefits and functionality, there are plenty of microdating communities out there including Plenty of Tweeps, TwitDates and Radaroo. Given that the technology is fairly easy to implement, we predict that larger dating sites like Match.com will be next to launch dating tweet decks of their own.
And though art often imitates life, in the case of social media the real world often mimics the medium. Justin Parfitt, founder and CEO of Fastlife.com, a Canadian-based dating service provider, launched “Flitter” singles events in Australia and is now introducing them to social media singles throughout North America.
Guests at the 140 conference who attended the tweet and greet session simply wore a white sticker with a number given to them upon entry and were able to send direct messages to any number of strangers who caught their eye and fancy from across the room, all via their mobile devices.
And like Alyssa you don’t have to be a tech geek to join in the fun. Just beware who you talk to and what you tweet about, because these days it seems everybody it watching!
Alright, you may or may not be willing to admit this, but you loved the first Sex and the City movie, and are now eagerly anticipating the sequel which is set to be released on May 27, 2010. To view an enticingly teasing trailer: http://www.sexandthecitymovie.com/. It follows your four favorite NYC Singles – Carrie, Miranda, Samantha, and Charlotte make a getaway to Abu Dhabi where camels, cocktails and an old crushes collide.
Does your single life emulate any of the characters in the series/movie? Each of the characters has their own style and flair, but they share one thing in common. They’re single and lonely. It’s tempting to try to fit yourself in their shoes, if you can afford them. Remember that Hollywood is paid to make it look good. If you are part of a growing population that would rather take dating advice from movies, consider, that in doing so, you are preventing yourself from meeting your soul-mate because you chose to glam up and head to the opening of a hot new nightclub instead of your best friend’s barbecue. If you’re not sure how to get started on your real life romance, here are some suggestions:
- Travel to your Hometown: Instead of flying to jet set locations in hopes of meeting a shallow fling, head home to where the heart is. Low key vacations gives you a chance to meet new people in your native city and are more likely to spark long term, meaningful romance
- Nerds are a girl’s best friend: Not all men are created equal. Braniacs offer more stability in a relationship versus multiple one night stands w hot guys, so set your bar higher and search for the intellectuals in your crowd.
- Take a Class: Believe it or not, simply taking a class on your latest passion offers you a wider dating selection than even online dating. Here, you put yourself into a scene where you are surrounded by people that share your interest. Striking up a conversation could lead to coffee, lunch, or a full blown relationship. For more information on connecting in class, read my article, How to Connect in Continuing Education.
Life can often be troubling and full of unimaginable challenges, but you can work through them, one step at a time. Consider your options within your own life before taking tips from the movies alone for they are usually filled with embellishing traits to make it a better movie.
If you’re in need of tips on dating, relationships, or love in general, please check out the articles on my website: loribizz.com
For advanced ticket sales: Fandango
Reese Witherspoon, known for movies such as: Walk the Line and Legally Blonde (1 and 2) enjoys a weekend getaway in Ojai, CA, with her new boyfriend Jim Toth by her side. He’s a young, hot, Hollywood agent working for ‘Creative Artists Agency’ (which also happens to be the same agency that represents Witherspoon). They were spotted on breakfast and lunch dates holding hands and looking very happy together. It seems that after months of going ga-ga for Jake Gyllenhaal, Witherspoon is trying her luck with a younger man who’s ’not’ in the spotlight. She was previously married to fellow actor, Ryan Philippe, until November 2006, and they have two children together.
If you find yourself craving variety after ending a long-term relationship of any kind and want to try something new, like Witherspoon, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Gossip – No matter how you end things with your previous partner, there’s bound to be some gossip from friends, family, and/or colleagues about your former relationship. In order to move forward, you’ll need to keep the wagging tongues silent – including yours. Bad mouthing your ex opens you up to falling victim to insecurity and may prevent new connections from forming, or even ruin the one you’ve just begun.
- Timing – One thing you may hear over and over, is that people are getting back into the dating game only days after breaking up with their old partner. When you end a relationship, no matter what the reason, it’s always best to take extra time to reacquaint yourself with the single ‘you.’ Give yourself at least two months to start thinking of adding a new love interest into your mix.
- Privacy – Though you may have been accustomed to revealing personal details in your last relationship, don’t over share on the first few dates. There is always a need or desire to simply ‘be’ with each other, but remember to maintain other aspects of your life when starting a new romance. You can reveal yourself slowly as you grow more comfortable with each other.
Forming a new love alliance can be tough, but if you shake off your old dating habits and routines, the next relationship could be the one.
For more information on love and dating after any serious relationship, my article First Encounters, Second Time Around Fears, maybe just what you’re looking for to find your next love interest.
Jennifer may have split with co star, Jamie Kennedy, but this ‘unlucky in love’ star of Ghost Whisperer, who proclaims herself a ‘Hopeless Romantic,’ is sharing her real life love story in her new book, ‘The Day I Shot Cupid: Hello, My name is Jennifer Love Hewitt and I’m a Love-aholic,’ which can be purchased at Amazon. Hewitt shares what she’s learned about being honest with yourself and she uses a witty approach to discuss 20 things you should do after a break up. Here are just a few:
- Know that you won’t die (you have to stick around so he can see what a mistake he made.
- Take it one day at a time (we all have to take it one day at a time, that’s how it works.)
- Don’t go to the old “we” spots.
- Do something extreme (that you normally wouldn’t do).
If you aren’t content living your life as a party of one, then consider reading Hewitt’s book, to help you change your status back to ‘in a relationship.’ For any real chance at success, take your time and work on yourself before proclaiming to the world that ‘You’re Ready for Love.’ Remember that it takes time to heal. For more about Jennifer Love Hewitt, login to her website at: www.jenniferlovehewittonline.com .
Christina Applegate of, “Samantha Who?” and “Married with Children” has accepted the offer of marriage from Martyn Lenoble, whom she has been friends with for more than 13 years and seriously dating for the past two. No surprise here, according to Applegate, her “Angel” has been her rock even before her breast cancer diagnosis in July 2008.
Being diagnosed with Breast Cancer can be devastating, but having someone by your side during this time is truly a gift. If you’re in a relationship and the person you’re dating is going through this experience, following are a few ways that you can help support them:
- Being Present - Loving someone with cancer, or a condition of any kind, means doing whatever you can to help him or her through it. This includes driving them to their doctors appointments and staying by their side if they need chemotherapy or radiation treatments. Offering to be with your partner when the doctor gives them their recent test results or explains the next stage of their treatment can give them comfort and help them to not feel so alone.
- Staying Positive - It’s easy to think negatively during a time like this. But, it’s important to stay focused on the good things and remain strong. Remember your partner is counting on you to be positive now more than ever; they’re probably enduring enough negative thoughts of their own. Staying confident about a new treatment that seems to be helping or a diagnosis that could have been worse can be turned into a positive outcome.
- Finding Patience – The love of your life is going through what could possibly be one of the worst experiences they’ve ever had to face. Be patient, and understanding. Keep reminding them that you are there for them if they want to rant about the latest news, chemotherapy treatment or even if they want to ignore their condition for a while and pretend that it isn’t true.
Adding cancer to any relationship is tough, but with a little knowledge, understanding, and perseverance, you both have a chance to move on from this experience with a deeper sense of self and of each other. Unfortunately, the outcome is not always a good one. You need to be prepared for this, even if your lover isn’t ready to deal with it just yet. The biggest favor you can do for your partner is just being there for them, like Martyn was for Christine. Let them know that they aren’t alone.