Archive for the ‘Celebrity Couples’ Category
While reported a couple of weeks ago that actress Halle Berry had split from baby daddy and model, Gabriel Aubry, they have both agreed to continue raising their 2 year old, Nahla, together as much as possible. Recently the trio enjoyed Disneyland in Anaheim, CA.
When parents part, it’s vital that the children don’t feel the brunt of the split. Here are some great ways to mimimize the trauma to your kids if you’re faced with a break up:
Lay down ground rules: Not only do you have to contend with the fact that you and you lover are no longer an item, but you need to make sure that any kids you’ve been raising together are taken into consideration. Set up a schedule that includes both of you equally in your child’s life such as attending the school play sitting next to each other (if you can deal with that.)
Be honest, but discretionary: Depending on how old your kids are, they need to be made aware of what’s happening in your life because it involves them, too. Keep the conversation appropriate for their level, and if you promise to go on a trip together, then do it. If you tell them they are going to have private time with the other parent, then make sure that happens.
No one’s fault: Never make your children feel like any of this is their fault. They aren’t the ones breaking up, you are. This is vital to any chance at successfully forming two separate house-holds .
However you choose to dissolve your relationship, the most important thing is to remain a positive member of your child’s life. There’s no way to prevent problems, but these are some ways to make it a little easier for everyone. If you’d like more information on how to help your kids through divorce: A Kid’s Guide to Divorce found on Kid’s Health.
After all the hype in the media in recent weeks as to whether or not they’re sticking it out, US Weekly has confirmed today that Heidi Montag, a reality tv personality, has officially filed for a legal separation from ‘The Hills’ star, Spencer Pratt. It must be included that TMZ says they have a PDF of the paperwork, and Us Weekly, suggests that this may be another publicity stunt for this duo to stay in the news.
If you ever find yourself in the middle of a tumultuous relationship that you just can’t make a final decision on, there are ways to make up your mind:
Set some boundaries: Make it clear that you’re done with constant back and forth emotions, and that limits must be set on any negative connotations meant to instigate a battle. This is a simple, yet effective way to figure out if your mate is truly willing to take your pairing seriously.
Be strong : You want to be treated with respect, and love but maybe these things aren’t happening in your relationship. Explain to your partner that you wish to remain a couple, but change is necessary. If they aren’t able to fulfill your needs, that could be a telling sign.
Follow through: Many times, people who are adamant about leaving a relationship agree to stay a little while longer when their partner promises to make changes. This decision is fine as long as you remain clear about your needs and don’t fall back into the same pattern again.
Whatever your intentions, no relationship is foolproof. Both people must be willing to maintain the new rules for a successful relationship. There is also a possibility that one or both of you suffer from a condition far more serious called, commitment phobia.
If you would like to learn more about this and how it can affect even the most credible relationships, read this article: Love Lessons for Commitment Phobes (or those who love them)
Based on a variety of news reports from sources like People Magazine and Huffington Post, neither Cameron Diaz, known for her role in, ‘There’s Something about Mary,’ and ‘Charlie’s Angels,’ nor Alex Rodriguez, of the New York Yankees, have confirmed a committed relationship. However, they’ve often been seen together and do not deny frequent overnight stays at their respective homes and multiple hotels around the country.
Given A-Rod’s history of non-committal relationships with Hollywood women (eg Madonna, Kate Hudson), we’ll have to wait and see if this relationship develops into anything serious. If you’re dating someone and want to know if the person is serious about you, there are ways to find out:
Ask: You’ll never learn the answer to a question if you simply wait for it to reveal itself. You need to speak up and say what’s on your mind – even if the answer you receive is not the one you expected.
Have a plan: Wanting a relationship and knowing what to do with one are two completely different creatures. For instance, you are dating what seems to be the man of your dreams, but you find that he is only interested in a casual affair. You need to know that if you disagree, it’s acceptable to end things there.
Patience and Success: Being patient is an important step for any successful couple, but if you’ve been with someone for years and there’s no sign of commitment heading your way, your tolerance may grow thin. Be clear about your intentions and stand by them.
It’s entirely possible that Diaz and A-Rod are simply BFF’s and enjoy spending time together. We may never know the truth. We can, however, take some tips from their publicly viewed relationship and apply it to our own, uncertain love life.
If you were recently married and just starting to venture out into the dating world again, here is additional information that may help you along the way: First Encounter, Second Time Around Fears.
Loribizz loves celebrity couples (good or bad matches), so we wasted no time reposting this wonderful article from yourtango.com that appeared on last week. Nicely done.
No matter how many times we’ve heard that opposites attract, we’re still slightly confused when a pair of stars from seemingly opposite ends of the celebrity universe combine.
Here are six examples of couples that we never would have pictured together.
On May 16, 2010, Ashley Olsen, a major player in the ’80s sitcom, Full House, and boyfriend, Justin Bartha, from ‘The Hangover,’ were among the passengers of a United flight, from New York to LA, forced to make an emergency landing at Dulles International Airport in Washington D.C. after a cockpit fire broke out. Fortunately, for everyone, there were no injuries reported, and the flames were extinguished.
Alright, you may or may not be willing to admit this, but you loved the first Sex and the City movie, and are now eagerly anticipating the sequel which is set to be released on May 27, 2010. To view an enticingly teasing trailer: http://www.sexandthecitymovie.com/. It follows your four favorite NYC Singles – Carrie, Miranda, Samantha, and Charlotte make a getaway to Abu Dhabi where camels, cocktails and an old crushes collide.
Does your single life emulate any of the characters in the series/movie? Each of the characters has their own style and flair, but they share one thing in common. They’re single and lonely. It’s tempting to try to fit yourself in their shoes, if you can afford them. Remember that Hollywood is paid to make it look good. If you are part of a growing population that would rather take dating advice from movies, consider, that in doing so, you are preventing yourself from meeting your soul-mate because you chose to glam up and head to the opening of a hot new nightclub instead of your best friend’s barbecue. If you’re not sure how to get started on your real life romance, here are some suggestions:
- Travel to your Hometown: Instead of flying to jet set locations in hopes of meeting a shallow fling, head home to where the heart is. Low key vacations gives you a chance to meet new people in your native city and are more likely to spark long term, meaningful romance
- Nerds are a girl’s best friend: Not all men are created equal. Braniacs offer more stability in a relationship versus multiple one night stands w hot guys, so set your bar higher and search for the intellectuals in your crowd.
- Take a Class: Believe it or not, simply taking a class on your latest passion offers you a wider dating selection than even online dating. Here, you put yourself into a scene where you are surrounded by people that share your interest. Striking up a conversation could lead to coffee, lunch, or a full blown relationship. For more information on connecting in class, read my article, How to Connect in Continuing Education.
Life can often be troubling and full of unimaginable challenges, but you can work through them, one step at a time. Consider your options within your own life before taking tips from the movies alone for they are usually filled with embellishing traits to make it a better movie.
If you’re in need of tips on dating, relationships, or love in general, please check out the articles on my website: loribizz.com
For advanced ticket sales: Fandango
Earlier this year, Sandra Bullock made headlines for her first Oscar win for the box office hit, ‘The Blind Side’ but unfortunately this announcement was short-lived when her soon-to-be ex-husband, Jesse James (Monster Garage) overpowered her success with the secret that he had been having an affair with a tattoo covered model, Michelle McGee.
Sandra graces the covers again this week with the world exclusive news that she has adopted a son, Louis who was born in New Orleans 3 1/2 months ago. This report comes in just hours after the announcement that she filed for divorce from James. What an incredible public relations strategy and great way to bring Sandra back into the spotlight. She’ll now join the 13.7 million single parents in the United States.
If you’re a single mother or father, like Bullock, dating may be the furthest thing from your mind. However, there will come a time when you’ll want to get back out there and meet someone new. Following are some tips to help you succeed:
In the Beginning: Being a single parent can be tough. You need to get settled both mentally and physically before you can think about dating again. Remember, you’ll be tackling more responsibilities between work, school, daycare, and extra-curricular activities. Right now, it’s your children who need you the most.
When Things Have Settled: Once you feel confident and in a routine with your life and children, then and only then should you consider meeting someone new. There are many options for single parents looking to meet their soulmates including introductions through friends, family, at your child’s school or online. Feel free to dabble for a while before you settle on one person.
Time for Romance: Months, even a year has passed and you’ve made the decision to settle down again. Give up that “list” you may be carrying around in your head detailing all of the things you’re looking for in a perfect partner. Instead, enjoy the process. Go out and date several people you’d normally overlook. It’s time for you to try something new.
Dating as a single parent can be hard to juggle but when the timing is right it will happen naturally. If you’d like more tips check out my article, Step Up to the Plate and Get Your Game on Again.
For more information on Bullock, the adoption and divorce, pick up the new issue of People magazine on newsstands Friday.
Reese Witherspoon, known for movies such as: Walk the Line and Legally Blonde (1 and 2) enjoys a weekend getaway in Ojai, CA, with her new boyfriend Jim Toth by her side. He’s a young, hot, Hollywood agent working for ‘Creative Artists Agency’ (which also happens to be the same agency that represents Witherspoon). They were spotted on breakfast and lunch dates holding hands and looking very happy together. It seems that after months of going ga-ga for Jake Gyllenhaal, Witherspoon is trying her luck with a younger man who’s ’not’ in the spotlight. She was previously married to fellow actor, Ryan Philippe, until November 2006, and they have two children together.
If you find yourself craving variety after ending a long-term relationship of any kind and want to try something new, like Witherspoon, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Gossip – No matter how you end things with your previous partner, there’s bound to be some gossip from friends, family, and/or colleagues about your former relationship. In order to move forward, you’ll need to keep the wagging tongues silent – including yours. Bad mouthing your ex opens you up to falling victim to insecurity and may prevent new connections from forming, or even ruin the one you’ve just begun.
- Timing – One thing you may hear over and over, is that people are getting back into the dating game only days after breaking up with their old partner. When you end a relationship, no matter what the reason, it’s always best to take extra time to reacquaint yourself with the single ‘you.’ Give yourself at least two months to start thinking of adding a new love interest into your mix.
- Privacy – Though you may have been accustomed to revealing personal details in your last relationship, don’t over share on the first few dates. There is always a need or desire to simply ‘be’ with each other, but remember to maintain other aspects of your life when starting a new romance. You can reveal yourself slowly as you grow more comfortable with each other.
Forming a new love alliance can be tough, but if you shake off your old dating habits and routines, the next relationship could be the one.
For more information on love and dating after any serious relationship, my article First Encounters, Second Time Around Fears, maybe just what you’re looking for to find your next love interest.
Jennifer may have split with co star, Jamie Kennedy, but this ‘unlucky in love’ star of Ghost Whisperer, who proclaims herself a ‘Hopeless Romantic,’ is sharing her real life love story in her new book, ‘The Day I Shot Cupid: Hello, My name is Jennifer Love Hewitt and I’m a Love-aholic,’ which can be purchased at Amazon. Hewitt shares what she’s learned about being honest with yourself and she uses a witty approach to discuss 20 things you should do after a break up. Here are just a few:
- Know that you won’t die (you have to stick around so he can see what a mistake he made.
- Take it one day at a time (we all have to take it one day at a time, that’s how it works.)
- Don’t go to the old “we” spots.
- Do something extreme (that you normally wouldn’t do).
If you aren’t content living your life as a party of one, then consider reading Hewitt’s book, to help you change your status back to ‘in a relationship.’ For any real chance at success, take your time and work on yourself before proclaiming to the world that ‘You’re Ready for Love.’ Remember that it takes time to heal. For more about Jennifer Love Hewitt, login to her website at: www.jenniferlovehewittonline.com .
Christina Applegate of, “Samantha Who?” and “Married with Children” has accepted the offer of marriage from Martyn Lenoble, whom she has been friends with for more than 13 years and seriously dating for the past two. No surprise here, according to Applegate, her “Angel” has been her rock even before her breast cancer diagnosis in July 2008.
Being diagnosed with Breast Cancer can be devastating, but having someone by your side during this time is truly a gift. If you’re in a relationship and the person you’re dating is going through this experience, following are a few ways that you can help support them:
- Being Present - Loving someone with cancer, or a condition of any kind, means doing whatever you can to help him or her through it. This includes driving them to their doctors appointments and staying by their side if they need chemotherapy or radiation treatments. Offering to be with your partner when the doctor gives them their recent test results or explains the next stage of their treatment can give them comfort and help them to not feel so alone.
- Staying Positive - It’s easy to think negatively during a time like this. But, it’s important to stay focused on the good things and remain strong. Remember your partner is counting on you to be positive now more than ever; they’re probably enduring enough negative thoughts of their own. Staying confident about a new treatment that seems to be helping or a diagnosis that could have been worse can be turned into a positive outcome.
- Finding Patience – The love of your life is going through what could possibly be one of the worst experiences they’ve ever had to face. Be patient, and understanding. Keep reminding them that you are there for them if they want to rant about the latest news, chemotherapy treatment or even if they want to ignore their condition for a while and pretend that it isn’t true.
Adding cancer to any relationship is tough, but with a little knowledge, understanding, and perseverance, you both have a chance to move on from this experience with a deeper sense of self and of each other. Unfortunately, the outcome is not always a good one. You need to be prepared for this, even if your lover isn’t ready to deal with it just yet. The biggest favor you can do for your partner is just being there for them, like Martyn was for Christine. Let them know that they aren’t alone.